Are you tired of eating the same snacks everyday and would like a change? There are days, I can eat cucumber and hummus everyday and other days I want something different. Before you get to that point where you run out of options, look at this list.
Some may ask, if I am trying to lose weight, why are snacks important? Our bodies need fuel to function properly and small snacks throughout the day will help our body function properly and help us to reach our weight loss goals. A person should aim to eat every 2 to 3 hours and depending on your weight loss goals the calories for snacks varies.
Here is a short list of healthy snacks to help you satisfy your body and reach your goals!!
- 1 apple and 12 to 14 raw almonds
- 1 medium cucumber and 1 - 2 tsp hummus - my favor is Boar's Head Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Protein shake - 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder, 12 - 14 ounces and frozen fruit
- Raw pecan halves and 1 green apple
- Turkey slices, low sodium, nitrate-free (minimally processed) and homemade honey mustard dip (yellow mustard mixed with a drizzle honey)
- 1 apple and 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 cup 1% plain Greek yogurt, 1 large banana, sliced and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Lettuce, turkey slices and red bell pepper
- 2 plain unsalted brown rice cakes with 1 - 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup strawberry or other berries with 1 tsp raw honey to add sweetness.