Clean Eating Lemon Chicken Recipe
Via My Natural Family
This is a pan-fried Clean Eating lemon chicken recipe. You will learn a simple technique to make quick, healthy chicken fingers then add your choice of sauce or use in a salad. This recipe is much more about the technique than the ingredients. It’s a great weeknight meal to make for the whole family.
- 1¾ pounds Chicken tenders
- ⅓ cup Einkorn Flour (Spelt Flour works very well also)
- Real Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Juice of 1½ Lemons(large) or 2 Small
- 1 Lemon, sliced, for garnish
- Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken tenders in the flour until well coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil to medium/high in a large frying pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Add half of the flour coated chicken tenders to the skillet, keeping them from touching. Cook until the chicken is golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Remove chicken from pan and add in the remaining tablespoon of Olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the remaining chicken tenders to the pan and cook in the same manner. When the chicken has been browned on both sides, add the previously cooked chicken back to the pan.
- Pour the chicken stock and lemon juice into the pan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce has reduced by half and thickened.
- Check seasonings and add more salt, if desired.
- Add lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley to the pan to garnish.
Post a Comment