Clean eating is consuming food in its most natural state or as close to it as possible. This is a lifestyle approach to food and its preparation, leading to an improved life. There are several clean eating books available; I love Tosca Reno books, the author of Eat Clean Diet. Tosca books will give you a clear picture of what is part of a clean eating lifestyle. Below is the outline from Tosca Reno book is the Cooler #2, which is for steady weight loss and maintenance once you goal weigh is reached. So
this is something that you use for life…This blog will give you a good idea of what to eat and when!!
Basis concept of Clean Eating:
· Eat more- eat six small meals each day.
· Eat breakfast every day, within an hour of rising.
· Eat a combination of lean protein and complex carbs at each meal
· Eat sufficient (two to three servings) healthy fats every day.
· Carry a cooler packed with clean foods each day.
· Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.
· Adhere to proper portion sizes. – The containers from the 21 Day FIX Program are perfect
What to Avoid:
· Avoid all over-processed foods, particularly white flour and sugar.
· Avoid all chemically charge foods.
· Avoid foods containing preservatives.
· Avoid artificial sugars.
· Avoid artificial foods such as processed cheese slices.
· Avoid saturated and trans fats.
· Avoid sugar loaded beverages, including colas and juices.
· Avoid or do your best to limit alcohol intake.
· Avoid all calorie dense foods containing little or no nutritional value. I call these anti-foods.
· Avoid super sizing your meals. – No McDonald’s super-size meals…
· Unhealthy sugars and fats are not recommended.
· The occasional treat of a glass of wine, piece of chocolate, etc is permitted in limited amounts.
o Glass a wine is part of the 21 Day Fix Program; it will count for one yellow container.
Complex Carbohydrates from Fruit and Vegetables:
6 portions each day. A portion is:
· 1 cupped handful or a piece of fruit such as berries, grapefruit, melon, apples and mangoes.
· 2 cupped handfuls of vegetables including broth based/vegetable puree soups.
Complex Carbohydrates from whole grains and starchy carbohydrates:
2-4 portions each day. A portion is:
· 1 scant handful of high-protein, sugar-free cold cereals, such as clean muesli or granola.
· 1 handful of cooked cereal
· 1 piece of whole grain bread or wrap
· 1 handful sized serving of sweet potato, yam, banana, corn, carrots or squash
6 portions each day. A portion is:
· 1 cup or handful of dairy products such as low fat soy, almond, hemp, rice, or skim milk, cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt cheese or plain fat free sugar free yogurt.
· 1 scant handful of raw, unsalted nuts (also a healthy fat)
· 2 tablespoons of all natural nut butters such as almond or peanut butter (also a healthy fat).
· 1 palm sized portion of lean meats
· good quality, sugar- and chemical- free protein powder (hemp, soy or whey).
2-3 liters per day of fresh water with no sodium
· Clear herbal tea (unsweetened)
· Black coffee in moderation
· Green/Black tea
· Sweeteners: Use in moderation. Avoid Artificial Sweeteners.
· Agave Nectar
· Maple Sugar Flakes
If this is to still too much information, please head to my site and sign up. I am still on my weight lost journey and I would love for you to join me on this journey. I have lost 16lbs to date with clean eating and regular exercise. No starvation is part of this diet. Enjoy clean eating!!
Have a great day!!
Post a Comment