When its cold outside, I think of making chili. I bet you do too! In the past I only made chili with ground beef. But, I have been making a chili recipe made with turkey meat and the kids love it when I make this recipe! It's healthy, delicious, and easy to make. What's better than that, right? Jot this recipe down and head to the store. You won't regret.
Tip: It's always better the 2nd day!!! And you can easily freeze this Chili to keep on hand for a quick, healthy meal.
2 tsp extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast
2 cans (15 oz ea) pinto beans (or kidney beans) drained, rinsed
1 (15 oz) can organic diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, no salt added
1 cup red wine ( love to use Cabernet Sauvignon)
1 Tbsp. ground chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
8 tsp crumbled goat cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 or 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Ready to place into serving bowls. Top with cheese
To find more healthy recipes purchase Fixate cookbook. The cookbook includes paleo, gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options.
Join our Fitness and Nutrition Online Facebook Group
Hey, before I forget, I need to tell you about our Monthly Challenge Groups for Fitness and Nutrition. You don't want to miss out on these groups if you are looking for the help of a coach, support from new friends going through the same thing and nutrition tips. It's a fun online Facebook group and we'd love to see you there. Become "Queen of your health & life"
To learn more or to sign up for next months'
Challenge Group Click Here!
Check back right here each week to see what's new!
Cheers to better health!