Paleo Egg Salad
Believe me when I tell you this salad is so good! You have to try it.
Prep Time:7 minutes
- 6 boiled eggs, cooled
- 1/2 small red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons homemade Paleo mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Chop the boiled eggs then place into a medium sized mixing bowl along with the red capsicum, avocado and red onion.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and chives. Add to the salad and combine well.
by Paleohacks Team From <http://blog.paleohacks.com/paleo-egg-salad/>
Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise
- 1 whole fresh large or extra-large egg, taken straight out of the fridge
- 2-3 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice or vinegar of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 cup extra light tasting olive oil
- Add all the ingredients to your glass jar and let them sit for a few seconds, just long enough for the egg to settle comfortably at the bottom of the jar, underneath the oil.
- Insert your immersion blender and push it all the way down until it makes contact with the bottom of the jar.
- Push the power button and do not move the blender for a full 20 seconds. Almost instantly, you’ll see the magic take place right before your eyes: the oil will start to emulsify and turn into this lusciously creamy and thick concoction, slowly making its way all the way to the top of the jar.
- After 20 seconds, the transformation should be pretty much complete, so start moving your blender around and up and down just to make sure that every last bit of oil gets well incorporated.
- Store in the refrigerator an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Post a Comment